Lubbock's Premier Oval Dirt Track
2017 STREET STOCK RULES
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN, YOU PROBABLY CAN’T! ASK FIRST.
DRIVERS IN STREET STOCK CLASS WILL HAVE TO BE APPROVED BY TRACK. NO CHERRY PICKING.
STREET STOCK CLASS IS LIMITED TO STREET STOCK AND SPORT MOD DRIVERS ONLY!
1-28-2017 *UPDATED ITEMS ARE IN YELLOW*
1. Must be 1955 or newer, 107.5 minimum wheelbase, 2 or 4 sedan except Sport Mods. No convertibles, station wagons, or sport cars.
2. All glass must be removed, any flammable interior parts must be removed, all light assemblies, handles, etc….and all chrome except bumpers must be removed.
3. Full factory floor pan or equivalent including rear fender wells must be retained. Full factory front or equivalent must be retained. Front fender wells may be removed. Fenders and quarter panels may be trimmed as needed for tire clearance. Exterior body panels are to be OEM or may be fabricated using sheet metal, but must maintain OEM body lines and contours. No slab sided Late Model type bodies are allowed.
4. Doors must be welded or bolted shut, gutting of all interior panels including trunk floor allowed. Metal firewall between driver and fuel cell required for safety.
5. Front and rear bumpers may be an OEM type or fabricated using pipe or tubing no larger than 2” OD and with a wall thickness no greater than .125”. Fabricated front and rear bumper heights not to exceed 10”. Bumpers must have ends capped, plated, turned in or otherwise prepared in such fashion to prevent the hooking of other cars and cutting tires. NO SHARP EDGES.
6. Aftermarket nose and tail pieces are allowed.
7. Must have front and rear tow straps.
Roll Cage and Bracing:
1. 4 post – 6 point (2 braces from top of cage back to frame) roll cage must be welded directly to factory frame fully framed cars. Uni-body cars only. Cage must be welded to minimum 6” by 6 ¼” thick plates that are securely welded to body strong points. Sub frames may be tied together. Three driver’s side door bars and 2 passenger side door bars minimum.
2. Roll cage and door bars must be constructed using at least 1 ½” OD pipe or tubing with a minimum .125” wall thickness. 1 ¾” OD .95” wall OK too. Door bars must be tied together top to bottom in at least 2 places.
3. Full front and rear lopes with associated bracing allowed.
4. Nerf bars allowed. Can be round, rectangular or Lexan. Must be within ½” of body and ends must be either capped or tapered or turned into body. NO SHARP EDGES.
5. Plating of frame allowed only on hump over rear axle or for repairs. Track tech will make final decision about what constitutes a repair. Rear frame rails may be replaced with square or round tubing to a point no further forward than behind rear axle where hump over rear axle begins.
1. GM and Ford 360 CID maximum allowed. Mopar 365 maximum allowed. No bore and stroke combinations not offered by OEM allowed. Blocks must be cast iron OEM.
2. Engine and frame must be same manufacturer: GM in GM, etc
3. Domed or pop up pistons of any king not allowed.
4. Stock crankshafts or stock replacement seat and steel stock appearing I-beam style connecting rods only. No dry sump or external oil pumps allowed.
5. Hydraulic flat tappet cams only. No solid lift cams allowed.
6. Aluminum low rise. No high rise intakes (even if they are OEM) or aftermarket intakes allowed. OEM cast iron or any dual plan low rise aluminum intake.
7. Stud girdles ok.
8. Cylinder heads must be cast iron OEM. Vortech (part #’s 10239906 and 12558062) and EQ heads will be legal. No porting or angle milling allowed. No full roller rocker arms, screw in studs, guide plates, roller tip rocker arms and polylocks OK.
9. OEM distributer only, aftermarket coil module OK. No MSD boxes or other aftermarket ignition parts not listed above allowed.
10. 2 barrel carburetor only. Aftermarket carb spaces or adapters allowed with the use of a Holley list #4412 and 4412 CT 500 CFM 2 barrel only. Choke hardware may be removed, but choke horn must remain unmodified. No airflow work allowed on any carburetor. No more than 2” adapter/spacer Maximum 2 3/8” gaskets included. Carburetor must have two return springs.
11. Only 1 radiator allowed. It can be stock or racing and must be placed vertically in front of engine. Aftermarket reduction pulleys OK.
12. Engine can be set back but #1 spark plug can be no further back than even with upper ball joint.
13. Exhaust may be cast iron manifolds or chassis style headers only.
1. OEM automatic or standard only.
2. Automatics must run fully functional torque converter no less than 10” in diameter.
3. Standards must run OEM fully iron flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate with friction face no less than 10” in diameter.
4. Must have at least two forward gears and one reverse, plus neutral position. With motor running and car in still position, must be able to engage car in gear and move forward, then backward.
5. No five speed or more transmissions, “in and out” boxes, or quick change devices allowed.
6. Functioning shift levers must be in OEM location.
7. Flywheel/flexplate must be bolted directly to end of crankshaft and pressure plate must be bolted directly to flywheel/flexplate. One flywheel/flexplate only and all driveline components within bellhhousing must rotate consistent with engine RPM while car is in any gear. Unaltered flexplate must be full OEM or OEM replacement.
8. Manual must be OEM or OEM replacement case and explosion proof steel bellhousing – minimum 270 degrees around top of the clutch/flywheel area.
9. Automatic must remain in OEM or OEM replacement case with a functioning OEM appearing pump. Aluminum OEM bellhousing may be replaced with aftermarket explosion proof steel or aluminum bellhousing. Original OE< bellhousing must have approved scattershield constructed of minimum .125 “ by 3” steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. Conveyor belt type belting of 1/4” thickness can be used for scattershield.
10. Drive Shaft is minimum 2” diameter steel drive shaft and must be painted white. Steel slip-yokes only. 360 degree drive shaft loop required and must be constructed of at least ¼” by 2” steel, or 1” tubing, mounted 6” back from front U-joint.
Rear Ends :
1. Passenger car or light truck rear ends allowed. Rear ends may be locked by welding or other means. 9” Ford floater rear end legal but must have stock suspension in stock location. NO TOLERANCE.
2. Floaters OK. (safety)
Suspension and Brakes:
1. All front and rear suspension including mounts must remain absolutely stock, unmodified and in their original locations. Racing springs. OK. Load bolts and weight jacks not allowed. Tubular upper control arms OK. No Heim end trailing arms of any kind.
2. Racing shocks OK, heim end shocks OK in stock location.
3. Steering box and/or idler arm cannot be moved. Steering may be quickened by aftermarket steering quickener or other means.
4. Brakes must be functional on at least 3 wheels but 4 wheels recommended. Aftermarket peddle and master cylinder but no driver adjustable bias controls allowed.
Wheel and Tires:
1. Steel wheels only not to exceed 8” in width, may be reinforced and/or reversed but must maintain no less than 2” backspacing. Wheels must be retained by no less than 5ea 1” lug nuts. Racing studs and lugs recommended. 4 lug hubs and wheels OK for cars so equipped from factory but MUST be equipped with both racing studs and lugs. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
2. Tires are to be 60 or 70 series DOT stamped street tread steel belted radials only. Tires must be available at local retailers. No special, knobby, snow, recaps AT or racing tires allowed except for any tire stamped or marketed as an IMCA G60, Hoosier 500. Asphalt tires OK and can be grooved. American Racer IMCA tire also legal.
3. Grooving NOT permitted except on asphalt tires. Grinding glaze off tread OK.
Fuel and Fuel System:
1. Gasoline only.
2. No electric fuel pumps. For year 2018 blocks with no manual fuel pump boss may run electric fuel pump but only with oil pressure switch.
3. Racing fuel cell only. Must be securely mounted in trunk area to rear bracing and cannot be visible from outside of car. Any fuel line ran through passenger compartment must be contained within rigid conduit. Vent must come from tank and make a 360 degree loop with a PVC of some device one way ball.
1. Battery must be in plastic box securely mounted to floor pan or in trunk area.
2. Battery must be capable of starting car and car must be able to idle in neutral and move forward and backward from a standing position with engine running.
1. Minimum weight after completion of feature event with driver is 3100 pounds.
Seat and Safety:
1. Metal racing seat only. Must be securely mounted to roll cage and/or frame using a minimum of 4ea. 3/8” grade 5 or better bolts and nuts.
2. 5 point racing harness required and to be secured with minimum 3/8” grade 5 or better bolts and nuts.
3. Properly mounted window net or arm restraints must be used.
4. Driver must be equipped with an approved helmet, neck brace, gloves and wear drivers suit that effectively covers drivers body.
5. Steering wheel must be equipped with quick release.
6. Drive shaft loop must be installed no more than 6” rearward of front U-joint.
7. If fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system, a flagger, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required. If it is a D-ring type lid, it must have a tether.
8. Every race car in each class must have a fire extinguisher mounted within reach of the driver except Sprint Class.
9. Every 4-Wheeler or AVT of any kin must have a fire extinguisher mounted on board.Type your paragraph here.
Copyright © 2016, 2017 - Corky Matthews. All rights reserved.